Tourism and tours in the Luberon region
Leave the main roads behind, go off on the side roads and take time to explore the authentic charm of Luberon. Sunlight, fragrances, sounds, all of it rising up and mixing to make for an unforgettable trip.
The treasures of Lourmarin
Lourmarin is ranked as one of the most beautiful villages in France
- Lourmarin Château: the most prominent Renaissance château in the region, it hosts the public all year long and offers numerous events and workshops for families.
- The three bell towers of Lourmarin: the village has a 16th century church, the oldest protestant temple in Provence (1806) and a belfry holding a 17th century clock.
- Small, narrow streets leading to medieval houses, revealing small squares and fountains that provide a refreshing break.
- On the footsteps of Henri Bosco and Albert Camus, buried in the cemetery of Lourmarin
- Lourmarin market: Fridays from 8 AM to 1 PM
- Market of Lourmarin producers: from the start of May to the end of October, on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with street food: a chef makes a recipe in front of the public. From November to the end of December and the start of March to the end of April, on Tuesdays from 5 to 7 PM.
Luberon is a lively mosaic of unique, charming villages full of ancestral traditions. Provençal farmhouses, bourgeois houses, old fortified towns….
From the hotel Le Mas de Guilles or on the way to our hotel, explore these simple, authentic places: Cabrières d’Avignon, Cavaillon, Cheval-Blanc, Gordes, Lagnes, Les Beaumettes, Les Taillades, Maubec, Mérindol, Oppède, Robion, Lauris.
- Sénanque Abbey: functioning Cistercian monastery, founded in 1148.
- Lavender Museum: learn everything about the iconic flower of Provence
- The regional natural park of Luberon: one of the 7 regional natural parks of Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur, straddling the departments of Vaucluse and Alpes de Haute-Provence.
- For more information